Sunday, August 1, 2010

Day 1

We arrived at the vet bright and early. Dr. Holt, Pat & I all agreed that the Mustang may injure himself worse in the attempt to sedate him and stitch the eyelid. So, we are to keep a close watch on the wound for signs of infection. As soon as we're able, we'll spray some Vetericyn on it. Back home, we backed up to the round pen and turned him out into it. I left him there all day to get acclimated. In the early evening, I started out just walking around him and some approach & retreat. He's very aware of everything around him and very sensitive to my body language. He catches onto my cues very quickly and was facing up right away. I ended that first session when he would allow me to approach and he reached out to touch my hand with his nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment