Sunday, August 1, 2010

Day 8





















(Another day in the upper 90's)




I felt like Shonee was halter broken enough to take out of the round pen. Although he was a little unsure about leaving the pen, once outside I allowed him to hand-graze and check out the barnyard. I put him on high-tie for a couple of hours while I worked some other colts. He stood great and did not attempt to set back. Shonee entered his new stall like a champ and seemed to enjoy standing in front of the fan. In the evening session we worked in the indoor arena. I rubbed a bareback pad over him. He accepted the pad and I did some more jumping up & down beside him. He allowed me to lie across his back and the Jeffries Method on both sides. We had some friends over that day. We ended the session with everyone applauding and cheering loudly. He handled the commotion great! Shonee then spent his first night in a stall.

No comments:

Post a Comment